A Message to Our Education and Library Partners About COVID-19
Demco is constantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation, and we’re committed to finding ways to serve you best during this difficult time. We want to assure you that your health and our employees’ health are our top priorities. With that in mind, we’re taking steps to ensure you still receive the same level of service you’ve come to expect from Demco. Our facilities remain open, and we’re working hard to adjust logistics and timelines to fit your specific situation.
Below you’ll find information about our updated ordering and shipping procedures, as well as steps we’re taking to protect the health of our coworkers.
Updated Ordering and Shipping Procedures
Due to the high number of public library and school closures, we’ve made some adjustments to make sure you receive your order when it’s most convenient for you. Please review the following information regarding current and future orders.
- If you place your order by phone, we will confirm your shipping location is open to accept deliveries.
- If you place your order online, you can provide this information by writing a note in the Shipping Instructions or Questions field.
- All other incoming orders will be put on hold until we receive confirmation that the shipping location can accept deliveries.
- Once we receive confirmation that the shipping location is open, we will release your order to ship.
- If your location is closed, we will work with you to plan the best course of action, including adjusting shipping locations or delivery dates.
- If you have any questions or need to make any changes after submitting your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method) or call 800.962.4463. Please have your order reference number ready.
Orders in Process That Have Not Shipped
- All orders that have not yet shipped will be put on hold until we receive confirmation that the shipping location can accept deliveries.
- We will make two attempts to contact you to confirm your shipping address location. If we can’t confirm that someone is available at your location, we will reschedule your shipping date at least 30 days from the last contact attempt.
- If there will be no one at the location to accept deliveries, we will work with you to plan the best course of action, including adjusting shipping locations or delivery dates.
- If you have any questions or need to make any additional changes, please email email@example.com or call 800.962.4463. Please have your order reference number ready.
Orders That Have Already Shipped
- If your order has already shipped, you should have received a notification email that your delivery is in transit to your specified shipping location.
- If you have any questions or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.962.4463. Please have your order reference number ready.
Customers Receiving Orders Shipped FedEx
For customers who receive orders via FedEx, we will follow the same steps as above; however, we want to share FedEx’s statement regarding shipping impacts:
FedEx is adhering to all regulations and guidelines from government authorities related to containment of COVID-19. These work and travel restrictions may affect shipments inbound and outbound to and from impacted areas, as well as shipments moving within those areas. Customers can visit fedex.com or tnt.com to check the status of their shipments.
If you need to pay an invoice or check the status of an invoice remotely, please visit demco.com/paperless to access your Paperless Billing Customer Portal.
Information Regarding Health and Safety Protocols
Demco has put several procedures in place to protect the health of our coworkers. Our leadership team is constantly monitoring the situation, and we have response teams in place to quickly adapt procedures should the need arise.
- We have increased cleaning protocols throughout our facilities.
- We are limiting in-person meetings and encouraging coworkers to work remotely when possible. We are requiring that all coworkers reporting to our office be from symptom-free households.
- We have put a temporary attendance policy in place to give our employees greater flexibility to stay home for COVID-19-related reasons.
- We have suspended all nonessential business travel and are following CDC guidelines for all other travel.
- We have limited visits to our facilities to business-essential visitors only.
We are closely monitoring COVID-19 updates, and we will continue to evaluate operating procedures as needed to serve you. If there are delays in processes, timing, carriers, or products dependent on third-party vendors, we will keep you informed and update this page as this rapidly developing situation evolves.
These are unprecedented times for everyone, and we stand with you as you focus on your families, your students, and your communities.