Demco® ColorScape® Double-faced Curved Wood Library Shelving
As low as $1,419.99 - $2,924.99
Demco® ColorScape® Double-faced Curved Wood Library Shelving is rated out of 5 by 1.
Casually browse both sides in a colorful and fun quiet space
- Constructed with 3/4" thick plywood frames and maple laminate on exposed sides
- 1" thick veneer-core plywood uprights with laminate on both faces and a matching edge
- Flat shelves are kiln-dried, 3/4" thick solid maple or oak glued in strips 3/4–2"W
- Shelving features color on the 2 interior vertical panels with optional colored or matching woodgrain laminate tops
- Shelves hold up to 150 lbs.
- 1/4" thick furniture-grade plywood back panels enhance the appearance and prevent books from falling off shelves
- Starter units include 2 end panels, top and shelves; Add-on units include an intermediate panel, top and shelves
- Toe kicks are constructed with 3/4" thick plywood frame with exposed sides finished in maple or oak veneer
- Mobile Shelving units have 3" dia. swivel caster with 3/8–3/16", pitch 3/4" thread stem
INFO & GUIDES
Rated 4 out of 5 by Frank from Good quality/ Difficult assembly We are happy with the shelves now that they are finished. They are good quality and sturdy and we feel they will remain so for many years in our library. They are also very attractive and bring a joyful feeling to our library with the colors and the curves. They do not come assembled and they were fairly difficult to assemble. The wrong screws were originally sent and that delayed assembly by a week. The instructions were very difficult to follow and were not specific to the actual shelves we purchased. Because they were general instructions, they included numerous steps and pictures that did not pertain to our shelves which made them very confusing. I contacted DEMCO with the issues I was having and they sent me the correct screws. When I expressed my frustration with the assembly, they asked me specific questions and asked for pictures of what I was talking about so they could correct the instructions and meet with their vendor to improve them. I felt that they really listened to my complaints and were working to correct them and cannot fault their customer service. I would suggest these shelves to another buyer but feel the buyer needs to understand DEMCO may not yet have corrected the instructions and they may have difficulty assembling them.
Date published: 2018-08-05