Ironwood Glacier® Laminate Library Shelving
As low as $389.99 - $1,479.99
Ironwood Glacier® Laminate Library Shelving is rated out of 5 by 3.
- 1" thick industrial-grade particleboard with thermofused melamine laminate
- 16-gauge steel frame, finished with powder-coat paint
- Unique bracket system works in tandem with the end panels to keep the shelves locked in place
- 1/8" PVC edge guarantees long-lasting strength and stability
- 1" thick tops feature matching 3 mm PVC edges
- 1" thick shelves are 12"D and adjustable in 1-1/4" increments; hold up to 150 lbs.
- Steel backstop wraps behind each shelf edge for additional strength and prevents books from slipping through
- Starter units include 2 end panels, top and shelves; Add-on units include an intermediate panel, top and shelves
- Shelving backs and accessories sold separately
INFO & GUIDES
Rated 3 out of 5 by stewarte from Most difficult to assemble shelving in my library! I recently bought some new sections to add to the existing shelving in my library. These match, are sturdy, etc., but the pegs that hold the shelves up have changed since my last set. Rather than being a simple "L", they have a protrusion that actually inserts into a notch on the bottom of the shelf. The problem with this is that over half don't fit or line up just right and they are next to impossible to place. With the lower shelves, I am literally having to sit/stand/jump/put all my weight on the shelve just to get it in place. This doesn't work as I get higher and run out of space. I've had to pull out the hammer on a few, chipping off the laminate and the still won't snap in. I'm one who rearranges often and adjusts shelve height frequently. This design will not lend itself well to that. Once I finally manage to get all of these on they will not be coming back off! The shelving is fine, but I recommend buying some regular L pegs and tossing the ones that come with the unit because they are ridiculously impossible to use.
Date published: 2018-09-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joe G from Well contructed and beautiful We remodeled our library and decided on the Glacier Cherry product for the circulation desk area. It is well-designed and everyone who comes into the library says, "Wow!" We take that as a compliment.
Date published: 2017-02-22
Rated 4 out of 5 by Terribe from Built to last! This is the second set of Ironwood Shelving we've bought. It's built strong to last a long time, especially good for Elementary Schools. I only have one concern. The trim pieces occasionally come off. It would be helpful if a stronger glue or fixative were used. I gave it 4 stars because of the trim otherwise they are wonderful Thanks Demco!
Date published: 2017-09-15