Kid Spark Engineering Pathways Mobile STEM Lab
Develop 21st century skills by immersing kids in real-world engineering challenges
Help learners gain deep comprehension of challenging STEM concepts with projects that include simple and compound machines, robotic movement and mechanisms, autonomous robots and sensors, and design challenges. Students are encouraged to drive their own learning by asking questions, defining problems, challenging their own thinking and developing their own solutions. This lab includes two robotics platforms: the entry level Maker ROK Bot and the Arduino-compatible ROKduino SmartBlock. ROKduino is a fully programmable robotics controller with eight sensor inputs and four motor/power outputs.
The corresponding curriculum spans a breadth of topics, including structural and mechanical engineering, robotics, visual and C++ programming, Computer Aided Design (CAD) and computational thinking. Guide students from motorizing basics to creating interactive environments where multiple machines interact with each other autonomously. Add a 3D printer to teach rapid prototyping. Each lab supports up to 4 students in grades 3–8. Combine the Engineering Pathways Mobile STEM Lab with the ROK Blocks Mobile STEM Lab to provide a complete PreK–8 STEM solution.
• 80+ hours of project-based, hands-on STEM challenges
• Covers three phases of Kid Spark’s STEM-Maker Curriculum: STEM Fundamentals, Applications in Design & Engineering, and Systems of Technology
• 1 ROKduino programmable smart block
• 1 Maker ROK-Bot, a remote control robotic chassis
• 10 sensor blocks
• 371+ engineering building components, including motor and light modules
• 1 heavy-duty storage case (stack up to 2)
• Make it mobile with the Rolling Base (sold separately)