Wonderosity™ Kit: Avatar Academy
An avatar is a digital representation of a person in a virtual world. Program participants will imagine themselves as avatars and design and develop various aspects of their avatar alter egos.
Wonderosity Kits are individually themed, bundled program plans that can easily be integrated into your current programming or used on their own. Kids will not only be having fun but also developing 21st century skills, like creative thinking, problem solving, and collaboration.
Designed to be flexible, the four programs in this kit can be offered individually, done over multiple sessions, or bundled together to create a series of mini-camps — whatever works best for your learning environment.
The kit contains the following program plans with instructions and ideas to extend learning:
• Build a 3D Model: Participants will design and build an avatar for a game and explore media literacy through the use of a green screen app to place their avatars in appropriate environments.
• Electronic Accessory Design: Participants will design a symbol for their avatars and create a wristband or badge incorporating circuits and lights.
• Eco-Avatar Apparel Design: Participants will determine what skills/powers their avatars have and design and create the appropriate clothing and accessories using repurposed supplies.
• Train Like an Avatar: Participants will brainstorm a list of all the actions an avatar takes within a game. Imagining themselves as avatars, they will come up with and test a training program to get ready to join a game.
Each kit also contains:
• 25 kids’ bonus activity books
• 12 posters to advertise your programs
• 100 bookmarks to use as incentives or marketing
• 25 completion certificates
• 200 stickers
• A digital template to help you create your own inquiry-based program